Contact and FAQs


Please contact 705-342-5252 for any Parks and Recreation questions.


Q. Where can I find the Rink Schedule Hours Posted?

A. The rink schedule winter hours can be found by here (pdf 77.1kb) or are posted on-site at the rink facility.

Q. When are swimming lessons?

A. The Recreation department runs swimming lessons each summer during July and August. The lessons run in two separate sessions, July and August. We attempt to start the July session on the first week of July and ends on the fourth Friday of July. The August session generally starts the following Monday and runs usually until the fourth Friday in August.

Q. What are the scheduled times for the different swim levels?

A. Our staff do not know from year to year the exact times during the day that a particular swim level class is going to be held. The finalized swim schedule is usually not generated until after the first registration day. Certain levels may or may not run dependent on the number of registrants.

Q. How much are swim lessons?

A. The Municipality maintains a fee schedule for the swimming program. It is reviewed about every 3 years and fees are adjusted to current costs. The swim program has a separate fee structure for each the Bell Lake and Nobel Program and is based upon the per lesson cost of $3 per 25 minute lesson (swim kids only).   All Red Cross Swim Kids programs are 25 minute duration.  The Lifesaving Society Bronze level programs are 55 minute duration.

Q. How Can I rent the Waubamik Community Hall?

A. The Waubamik Community Hall can be rented year round for various functions. Please inquire at the Municipal Office for rental availability.

Q. How many people does the Waubamik Community Hall hold?

A. The Waubamik Community Hall can hold 93 people for an event with tables and chairs. This is the maximum allowable under the Ontario Fire Code.

Q. Can I have alcohol at my rental in the Waubamik Community Hall?

A. Yes, the Waubamik Community Hall can be licensed for alcohol under the authority of a Special Occasion Permit issued by the Liquor Licensing Board of Ontario and can be obtained from the LLBO store in Parry Sound. It takes approximately 1 month to obtain a permit and there are special requirements under the rental contract for licensed events. See the Waubamik Community Hall Rental Information.

Q. Can I have a fire at the beach?

A. NO. Fires are not allowed at any of our beaches or parklands.

Q. Can I rent a park or beach area?

A. NO. Our parks and beaches are open for all to enjoy. We do not allow exclusive private events. If someone wishes to hold a function at one of our venues it is generally allowed provided the person understands that the general public may also occupy the property at the same time.