Receiving your Tax Bill:
Property owners will receive a tax bill by postal mail twice a year. The first bill or "Interim Tax Bill" is issued in February and is based on 50% of the previous year's taxes. The second bill, the "Final Tax Bill" is issued in July. These tax bills will be sent, at minimum, 21 days prior to the due date. It is important to make sure that we always have your current mailing address on record so that you receive your tax bills and do not incur penalties for late payments. If you do not receive your tax bill please let us know.
If you are on a pre-authorized payment plan, or a mortgage plan, this will be noted on the tax bill that you receive.
Account Balance, Transactions and Copy of Tax Bill
- Interim property tax bills are due in two installments, March 19, 2021 and May 14, 2021.
- Final property tax bills are due in two installments, September 10, 2021 and October 15, 2021.
- Arrears notices, are due as noted on the notice
- Supplementary tax bill are due on the date noted on the bill
- Installment plans - the withdrawal date will be the installment due dates in March, May, September and October each year
- Monthly plans - withdrawal dates will be the first day of each month from January to November. There is no withdrawal in December
- Mortgage plans - your mortgage company is expected to pay taxes on your behalf by the bill due dates
- Not missing a due date
- Ensuring we have your most recent mailing address
- Contacting our office if you do not receive a tax bill
- Set up a payment plan monthly or by installment
- Contact your mortgage company to see about having them pay your property taxes on your behalf through your mortgage
- Land value is omitted from the assessment roll;
- Use of the property changes;
- Property is improved due to construction, an addition or renovation.
- Mail to Municipality of McDougall, 5 Barager Blvd., McDougall, ON, P2A 2W9
- Fax to 705-342-5573 (include copy of payment)
New Property Owners
- We require you or your lawyer to provide us with a copy of your registered deed to update our records with your information
- The property tax department will send the next tax bill to the new owner. If you have questions, please contact our office
- The owner is responsible for paying property taxes by the due dates
- The owner is responsible to ensure that they provide current mailing address information