Guide for Building in McDougall
This guide will ensure you comply with all zoning by-laws, the Ontario Building Code and other applicable law or jurisdiction.
The Municipality of McDougall is pleased to offer residents, builders, and the business community Cloudpermit - an online system to apply for and track your building permits.
The Cloudpermit building permit system allows you to apply for and to see the status of your application anywhere, at any time. You can start an application and finish it later, and receive email updates on the status of your permit application. You can even request building inspections!
To get started, click the button below.
- Getting Starting with Cloudpermit: A step-by-step walk through from login to submitting your first application
- Cloudpermit Support
Prefer to apply by paper? The Municipality of McDougall Permit Package is linked below.
Building Permit Package
The forms found in this package include:
- Application for a Permit to Construct or Demolish
- Schedule 1: Designer Information
- Schedule 2: Sewage System Installer Information
- Schedule 3: Forming part of Application for Building Permit
- Energy Efficiency Design Summary: Prescriptive Method
- Guide to the Prescriptive Energy Efficiency Design Summary Form
- Energy Efficiency Design Summary: Performance & Other Acceptable Compliance Methods
- Guide to the Energy Efficiency Design Summary Form for Performance & Other Acceptable Compliance Methods
- Energy Efficiency Exemption for Cottages/Guest Cabins
If you have any questions, please contact the building department to verify details.