Located at 148 Hammel Avenue in Nobel, this new facility consists of a concrete play surface, state of the art dashboard and glass system, two heated washrooms, two heated change rooms and a kitchen/concession room. The facility has a covered roof system and is enclosed on three walls. The second floor area is currently NOT open to the public and is off limits to everyone except Municipal staff. This facility is used in the summer season for ball hockey, rollerblading, skateboarding and other activities.
There is also a very active group called the Nobel Shuffleboard Club. The surface inside the boards has 14 courts painted on the floor and the club operates Tuesday and Thursday afternoons from 1:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m. The 75 member club is active from early May until Thanksgiving and new members are welcome.
The play surface also contains a full basketball court which is open for use in the non-winters season.
During the winter months, the Municipality maintains a natural ice surface which is maintained on a daily basis with an Olympia Ice Resurfacer. There is ample parking on site. The skating area rink is lighted and is open daily (weather permitting) from 9:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m. Please remember, the rink is open to all persons and there are scheduled times for skating and hockey. There is ample seating with benches and bleachers around the ice surface for participants to relax between skates. A video walkthrough can be found on our Videos page
McDOUGALL RECREATION CENTRE - RE-OPEN SAFETY PLAN FEBRUARY 22, 2021
February 22 – March 9th
- Open hours are reduced to 8am to 8 pm daily.
- SKATING is the only allowable activity
- No team sports, no hockey games, no sticks or pucks on the ice
- 10 persons or less allowed on the ice at any time
- 25 persons or less allowed around the outside of the boards at any time
- Face coverings must be worn at all times in the facility and on the ice
- 2m distancing between persons must be maintained at all times
- Change rooms remain closed.
If there is evidence that public health measures are not being followed, the Health Unit will re-evaluate the situation, potentially resulting in the closure of these outdoor amenities.
COVID – 19 RESTRICTIONS IN PLACE
GREY LOCKDOWN HEALTH SAFETY
Rules and Reminders:
- Special events such as school skating programs and Municipal recreation skating programs may supersede the daily schedule.
- During skating times, no hockey sticks or pucks are allowed on the ice/during hockey times; please do not try to skate. Cooperation between the different users is paramount for safe operation and enjoyment by all.
- This is a non-smoking facility under the authority of provincial no-smoking legislation.
- Alcohol not allowed at this facility